Hello people of the internet!
Having recently had a loooong accidental hiatus from blogging, I’m trying my hardest to get back on it.
When we went on family holidays when I was younger, within five minutes of parking the car I’d have run to the park/play area/swings/etc and met someone who I would then be inseparable from for the entire trip. Now I feel like I find it quite difficult to make friends. I often find myself in uncomfortable social situations, and I realise I probably don’t really share very much with other people and I guess I can perhaps be seen as unrelatable, for fear of people thinking “why is she so weird?”, “please go away”, or “where do they find these people?”.
So, I’m going to share some things about me that may be deemed as interesting, so you can get to know me a bit better!
- I know all the words to an embarrassing amount of Iggy Azalea songs. I rock the shit out of them, too.
- Speaking of music, I like everything from Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Pretty Reckless, etc, to Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey. My iTunes is weird.
- Sometimes I snort when I laugh. It’s really hot.
- I like to think I’m quite good at accents and impressions. Although I’d probably feel differently if I actually heard myself!
- Being near water relaxes me. Lakes, rivers, oceans – I’m happy. But plot twist: I’m a really weak swimmer. I can’t think of anything worse than putting my head underwater. If I can go on a boat, I will go on a boat.
- I’m shorter than basically everyone I know. I hate it.
- I have a weird form of synasthesia where I can see number maps in my head. I’ve seen it ever since I can remember.
- I was born during an earthquake.
- I don’t think shoes suit me. Either that, or I just buy shoes that go with 0% of my wardrobe.
- I used to be a huge fan of wrestling when I was younger. That’s what I wanted to be when I grew up.
- My dream job would be as a holiday critic.
- The mildest dish in Nando’s is still too spicy for me.
- I swear I once saw Roy Cropper in a train station.
- A few years ago I fractured my finger playing snap.
- Apparently I laugh in my sleep. Hopefully it’s not the snort laugh…
- I get borderline turned on by organisation, stationery, storage, etc.
- Mushrooms are just hideous. Just no.
- Malibu&Coke please. Unless they do cocktails.
- I got a tattoo before I had any piercings. Tattoo at 17, ears pierced at 21. Because logic.
- I’m either OCD level organised or completely spontaneous. There is no in between.
- I took a performing musician course in college, but then HELLO ANXIETY.
- My celeb crushes are Gleb Savchenko from Strictly/DWTS, Sal Vulcano from Impractical Jokers, and Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl. I mean, if any of them made me a cup of tea with the milk in first I probably wouldn’t care.
- I have a really immature sense of humour.
- The volume on the TV has to be a multiple of five.
- I like animals more than I like most humans.
So there you have it! Let me know if you relate to any of these so we can totally bond and stuff.
I’ve completely forgotten how to end posts. Kind regards, many thanks, with love, bye.