Ask anyone I know, and they’ll tell you that whenever I go out to eat and I’m not sure what to order, my go-to meal is always a lasagne. It’s such a classic, so simple to make, and you can be quite creative and versatile with it. I mean, how can you screw up a lasagne, right?!
I’m no Nigella, but if you’re looking for a simple, delicious lasagne recipe, I’m here for you girl!
- Lasagne sheets
- Tomato based lasagne sauce (Ragu is my favourite)
- White/cheese lasagne sauce (Ragu again)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Red Onion
- Mozzarella/Grated Cheese
- Olive/Vegetable Oil
- Herbs (Basil, Oregano, Thyme etc)
- Red Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Peel & chop the sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and red onion. Cut the sweet potatoes and butternut squash into small chunks. (Here you can add in any other veg that you’d like).
3. Add the veg into an oven dish along with the spinach (use as much as you’d like). Add olive/vegetable oil making sure everything is covered.
4. Add in any herbs you’d like, and season with a pinch of salt.
5. Cook for 30 mins for crunchy veg, or 45 mins for soft veg.
6. Transfer half of the cooked veg into a ceramic cooking dish.
7. Pour half of the tomato sauce over the veg.
8. Place the lasagne sheets on top of the veg, covering as much as possible but not overlapping each other.
9. Pour half of the white sauce over the sheets, and spread it out so that the sheets are completely covered. (If they’re not, they won’t cook properly).
10. Repeat steps 6-10 on top of the first layer.
11. Cover the lasagne with mozzarella/grated cheese.
12. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top (you can skip this step if you don’t have any, but it makes it so much better!).
13. Cook for a further 30 mins until golden.
14. Serve and enjoy (with a nice glass of wine!).
It really is that simple! Now please enjoy some food porn:
Let me know if you have a go at this recipe, and please send pictures!